Heather’s Bio (feel free to use all or part in reviews/articles)
Heather is a natural 1200-wpm speed reader and the author of twenty-one novels. She came to writing after careers as a software developer and elementary school computer teacher and can’t imagine ever leaving it. In her spare time, she reads, swims, walks, lifts weights, crochets, changes her hair colour, and plays drums and clarinet.
Generally not all at once.
Ten facts about me
- I’m so lucky to be a natural speed reader! Check out what I’ve read this year!
- I’m Canadian, but I write in American English (so ‘favorite’ not ‘favourite’) because the majority of my readers are in the United States.
- I’ve been obsessed with polar bears for as long as I can remember. No idea why, but they’re my favoUrite animals! Every book I write mentions them at least once.
- In 2013, to celebrate the five year anniversary of “Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo“‘s release, I had the adorable cover bears and moon tattooed on my right arm. (Ask to see it if we meet!)
- I love cobalt blue, purple, and teal. I’m rarely seen wearing any other colours.
- The hair coloring started as just a little bit at the front and now covers most of my hair. It’s usually, again, some combo of blue/purple/teal. And yes, it’s permanent! My natural hair’s all gray so it holds the dye easily. No bleaching needed!
- I love swimming, and also walking and lifting weights. I want to love running but it doesn’t love me back.
- Favourite foods: dark chocolate, watermelon, popcorn. Favourite beverages: iced coffee, vodka coolers, tea.
- I’ve been married since 1995 (no kids).
- I adore my Kindle and much prefer reading electronically to paper (although I do have four bookcases full of print books too!).
Want even more?
- Join my Readers Group for free short stories, updates, polar bear pictures, and occasional prizes every month!
- Follow me on Facebook for updates on my writing progress and general thoughts.
- I don’t tweet a lot these days, but I do reply to mentions, so if Twitter’s your thing find me there!
- I’m still learning Instagram, but if you like pictures of random things I see/buy/do it’s the place to be.
- And of course, don’t forget to snag your free ebook of “Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo” if you haven’t already!